First Trimester: 9/5-12/14/19
Report Cards: 12/20/19
Second Trimester: 12/14-3/20/20
Report Cards: 3/27/20
Third Trimester: 3/20-6/26/20
National Junior Honor Society Requirements.
1. 90 average in 4 major subjects
2. Minimum grade of 85 in ALL subjects
3. No N’s or U’s in conduct
4. Service hour completion (12).
J. Geary, Principal
E. Urena, A.P. Assessment, Room 415
A. DeBenedetto, A.P. Administrative, Room 320
V. Iacovano, A.P. Grade 6, Room 142
P. Parrella, A.P. Grade 7, Room 240
D. Noto, I.A.P. Grade 8, Room 420
School Policy for Retention in a Superintendent’s or Honor’s Class
Attendance: Minimum of 90% attendance rate
Conduct: No N’s or U’s
Grades: 85% Average with no grade lower than 85% in the 4 major subjects
- Teacher contacts parent to discuss improvement strategies.
- Midpoint Progress Report
- Parent teacher meeting to set up a plan for success.
- Provide tutoring in area of need
- Offer additional supports as per individual need
- Consultation with Guidance/Attendance/Dean/Teachers/Administration/Parents
- Student is expected to show due diligence in their efforts to improve.
- Removal would take place after above referenced interventions are utilized; at the end of year or sooner with parental consultation.
School is a special place and students should be dressed accordingly to create an atmosphere that is conductive to learning. No tank tops and midriff shirts for boys or girls. Every student is required to wear a McKinley athletic t-shirt the days they have gym. You can purchase a McKinley athletic t-shirt or any other McKinley wear from our on line web store at WWW.SMOOTHUSA.COM/MCKINLEY259.
The following items are not permitted to be worn in school:
- hats or headgear (except religious attire)
- slippers or sliders
- short shorts
- crop-tops(midriff shirts)
- spandex (jazz pants)
- inappropriate graphic t-shirts
- exposed underwear
- excessively cut-up jeans