Welcome Parents& Guardians!
PTA Executive Board Officers:
President: Michele Ngai
Treasurer: Vanessa Lopez
Recording Secretary: Tamara Stern
SLT Parent Members
Michele Ngai Cindy Cavallaro
Tamara Stern Kim DiDonato
Vanessa Lopez Helen Verveniotis
General PTA Meeting
MEETING: Thursday February 11th - 6:30PM
--> Cyberbullying Presentation by Ms. Gennaoui and Ms. Biondo.
GET INVOLVED AND BECOME A PTA OFFICER
The PTA elections for William McKinley IS 259 Executive Board will be held on Thursday, Mary 23, 2019 at 6:30pm. All parents and legal guardians of a student that attend IS 259 are eligible to run for office.
The Nominating Committee is now seeking candidates for the following positions:
o President – leader of the Executive Board
o Vice President – assists the president and assumes president duties in his/her absence
o Recording Secretary – records minutes at general membership meetings
o Treasurer – Should be familiar with reconciling at checkbook register. Experience with Microsoft Excel or Google Spreadsheets is necessary. In addition, the treasurer is responsible for all financial affairs and funds of the PTA
o Corresponding Secretary – handles all PTA correspondence and notices
Please note that these are very general descriptions of the duties for each position. For a more detailed description, please contact the PTA for a copy of the bylaws.
If you are interested in running or would like to nominate someone, please notify the committee by filling out the tear-off below and returning it to your child’s teacher in a sealed envelope marked “NOMINATING COMMITTEE Room 220” (parent coordinator’s office). Nominations will also be taken from the floor at the election meeting.
2019 Nominating Committee: Michele Ngai (Chairperson), Vanessa Lopez and Maureen O’Brien
Nominee’s Name (first) ____________________(last)__________________________
Phone Number ______________________ Child’s Name/Class ___________________
Office of Nomination(s) Relationship to Child ____________________
Family Engagement Events
Palette Painting Night:
Monday, February 11th
6:00 - 8:00pm - Room 439
Come be an Artist and leave with your very own expressionist masterpiece.
You will be guided through step by step instructions and be provided with all materials including a canvas board or artistic display, acrylic and refreshments. All levels welcome, no prior knowledge needed!
There will be limited space and it is on a first come first serve basis!! If you would like to attend, please click on the link below and complete the online form. Any questions, please feel free to contact Ms. Diane Castignani at 718-833-1000 extention 2200. Or you may email the PTA at IS259PTA@gmail.com.
Join "Remind" to receive important announcements directly to your phone!
Snack Sales during the lunch periods at McKinley's is the main source of fundraising for the school. The funds generated from snacks sales goes towards supporting many school wide initiatives that McKinley offers to our children. Examples are but not limited to: Air Conditioners, After School activities (Band, cheerleading, Culinary Arts, International Club, Stem/Lego Stem Robotics and various Athletic Clubs).
We are looking for volunteers to come in and sell snacks during the lunch periods to our students.
Volunteers will be responsible for:
- Replenish and organize snacks to sell to students during lunch periods.
- Collect, count and organize currency from students.
- Ability to handle fast pace transactions with currency is a plus and appreciated.
- Prepare, complete and deliver Fundraising Activity Report (Breakdown) along with currency to D.Castignani, Room 220.
Lunch periods are from Period 4 (11:00am) to Period 7 (2:00pm).
You will need to arrive at 10:55am to set up. Each lunch period is 45 minutes long.
If you are interested please select the day and date you would prefer. Click here to sign up!
Please note the following:
- In an effort to uphold security and for the protection of our children, parents volunteering must present valid identification to security when entering the building and must go to the designated area.
- You must be a parent of a student that attends William McKinley IS 259.
- Any last minute cancellations, please contact our Parent Coordinator Diane Castignani at 718-833-1000 ext 2200. Or you may email the PTA directly at IS259PTA@gmail.com.
- No show volunteers 3 times will be removed from the schedule, so that other parents may have an opportunity to volunteer.
- If for any reason the person you have been scheduled with does not arrive, snacks will not be sold.
Thank you in advance for your continued support.
William McKinley PTA
Location: Lower Level, Cafeteria
Click here for information and important dates from the Community Education Council
Want to help the PTA committee or have any suggestions on how we can improve our school?
Contact us at IS259PTA@gmail.com
We are open to any suggestions you may have.