Remote Learning Information
* Students will enter the building for 830am and dismissal is at 2pm.
* Students will be leaving from specific exits. They will be told upon entering the building which exit they will be dismissed from.
* All students will be eating lunch at the same time, not in the cafeteria. Lunch will be bought to students.
* All students can get breakfast and lunch. They can also bring their own.
* All immunizations must be up to date for entering school.
* Lunch applications will be given out to students and is available online. Please fill them out completely so our school can get federal funding.
* Busing will be available to those who need it but we are still waiting for information from the DOE. They have not as yet signed as busing contract so we don’t not know how this will go.
* We will have physical education. Children will need a McKinley shirt for this. Gym will be outside. There will be no sharing of equipment but there will be physical activity.
* If you are interested in volunteering please contact Diane Castignani at DCastignani@schools.nyc.gov. You can also contact the PTA at IS259PTA@gmail.com. We do not know how volunteering will work in this environment as yet as we are also waiting for guidance from the DOE.
* Every Student must wear a Mask.
*Temperature checks will be taken randomly. If your child has symptoms please keep them home and get them tested.
* Please notify the school if your child has tested positive for Covid-19. This information will be kept private but the school needs to be informed for safety concerns.
* There will be directional signs all over the building to show students where they can go. Certain staircase are for going up and down only.
* Blended/Hybrid learning cohorts are grouped from A-C. Remote is group D. Blended learning can choose to switch at anytime but as of now remote can not.
* Please make sure to update your NYC account as all information regarding your child and school is being sent to that account.
* All classes were granted as per requirements for all students to the best of the schools ability.
* Students will be getting ID’s but the school is still figuring out how to do that while trying to minimize children entering the building.
* No more than 10 students in a room per teacher.
* At this time every child should have activated their McKinley student account. If you haven’t there was a post on how to do that on our Facebook page.
* The school is working on getting pupil path and Operoo set up for students please bare with us as we are having technical difficulties.
* Digital Literacy training for students will start in September when school starts.
* Teachers will be reaching out to their students to connect with them soon to help in the process of getting ready for the school year.
If you have questions about IEP’s, related services or special education you can contact Paul Parrella who is the AP of 7th grade and Special Education. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
This fall, McKinley will be offering blended learning, a mix of in-person days at school and remote-learning days at home. The default for all students is to participate in their schools’ blended learning schedules.
If you want more information about blended learning and the 2020-2021 school year visit Return to School 2020 web page: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-year-20-21/return-to-school-2020
At any time of year, for any reason, you can choose fully remote learning for your child. This means they would learn 100% remotely (all online, from home). Remote learning includes live interaction with teachers every day, and every class includes live instruction.
To choose fully remote learning for your child, fill out and submit this form.
If you have difficulties completing this form online, call 311.
If you choose fully remote learning for your child, you will have the option to change back to blended learning at a few specific times during the school year, beginning in November 2020.
Link below: https://www.nycenet.edu/surveys/Guardian