Poll Everywhere is a service that allows you to collect responses from an audience via text messaging
- One of the neat ways to display feedback gathered through Poll Everywhere is in word clouds. The word cloud feature integrates with Wordle, Tagxedo, and Tagul
Infuse Learning is a free student response system that works with any Internet-connected device. Infuse Learning allows teachers to push questions, prompts, and quizzes out to students’ devices in private virtual classrooms
Quiz Socket is a tool developed for the purpose of enabling teachers to quickly gather feedback from students.
You print out a short form from the website and students bubble it in. Use your smartphone to scan and immediately know what students know with a snap of a picture.
Online classroom management program that transforms the classroom into a role-playing game.
Another classroom management tool.
A website to find shared common assessments for any common core standard.
- WatchKnowLearn.org A collection of free videos for learning.
- Brain Pop
- khan academy
- Teacher Tube
- LearnZillion (ELA/Math)
Blended/Flipped Classroom Resources
Provides the ability to upload existing presentations as well as create new ones from scratch. Adding interactive features such as question/answer polling, surveys, and drawings are easy and the entire pacing of the presentation is controlled from the teacher's iPad.
Create videos (from any source or your own) with the ability to insert questions for students to answer at any point to check for understanding.
Verso is a free service that offers a nice way to deliver flipped lessons to students and gather feedback from them
Build a lesson around any Ted-Ed Ted Talk or youtube video.
Training for Google Apps Become a google certified teacher.
Other Teacher Apps
Remind: A communication tool that allows teachers to send secure, free message reminders to students and parents. The messages can be in the form of text messages or emails.
Class Messenger "Parents sign up for your class, and when you send out a message you can put it in a certain category. Parents can receive the message through text, email, or in the app. "
Bloomz Another parent communication app
Educreations an interactive whiteboard app that allows you to create easy to follow tutorials for student
Other Teaching Resources
- Free Online Survey that helps you and your students get to know each other.
- Collection of Powerpoints
- Multiple Intelligence videos & surveys
- The Teacher Toolkit - awesome website full of engaging tools and strategies for effective teaching.
- Making Tech Simple
- Whole Brain Teaching Lots of resources for keeping classes actively engaged.
- Quality Educator Tons of Resources for Teachers, Students and Parents.
- Smart Classroom Management - tons of articles with tips and strategies.