PTA Nominations for 2015-2016 School Year
Post date: Apr 13, 2015 3:16:10 PM
The IS259 PTA Elections for the 2015-2016 school year will be held on May 28, 2015 at 6:30 pm. All parents and legal guardians of a student are eligible to run for office.
The Nominating Committee is now seeking candidates for the following positions:
- President: leader of the executive board
- Vice President: assists the president and assumes president duties in his/her absence.
- Recording Secretary: records minutes at PTA meetings.
- Treasurer: responsible for all financial affairs and funds of the PTA
- Corresponding Secretary: handles all PTA correspondence and notices.
Please note that these are very general descriptions of the duties for each position. For a more detailed description, please contact the PTA for a copy of the bylaws.
If you are interested in running or would like to nominate someone, please notify the committee by filling out the tear-off (given out to all students on Monday, April 13th) and returning it to your child's teacher in a sealed envelope marked "NOMINATING COMMITTEE ROOM 220" (Parent Coordinator's Office)
Nominations will also be taken from the floor at the election meeting.
- 2015 Nominating Committee: Rana Abu-Sbaih and Birgit Kiernan.