School Policy for Retention in a Superintendent’s or Honor’s Class
Attendance: Minimum of 90% attendance rate
Conduct: No N’s or U’s
Grades: 85% Average with no grade lower than 85% in the 4 major subjects
- Teacher contacts parent to discuss improvement strategies.
- Midpoint Progress Report
- Parent teacher meeting to set up a plan for success.
- Provide tutoring in area of need
- Offer additional supports as per individual need
- Consultation with Guidance/Attendance/Dean/Teachers/Administration/Parents
- Student is expected to show due diligence in their efforts to improve.
- Removal would take place after above referenced interventions are utilized; at the end of year or sooner with parental consultation.